Published on November 8th, 2011 | by Gerald Chan0
Modern Warfare 3 or Skyrim: The Budget Gamer’s Guide
This week we see two heavyweight titles released to punish those who did not manage their finances well.
I’ll make this really short and sweet.
Why Modern Warfare 3?
- Will last you for a year (till the next edition)
- Relatively healthy online community in terms of players
- Best pick up and play FPS with SIMPLE objectives (deathmatch duh)
- Longest, richest single player campaign you can possibly find at this point of time
- If you are not convinced refer to the previous post, re-read it slowly
Why you should purchase Modern Warfare 3 over Skyrim (at launch)
Both are equally good games but you have only the budget for one, pick MW3.
- MW3 will retain its resale value well till the months leading up to the next edition
- If Skyrim follows the path of the Fallout series, expect value packed GOTY editions of the game going for cheap
- GOTY editions of Skyrim will have DLCs found ON DISC, this means even a second hand version of the game will suffice (if the Fallout trend is to be repeated)
BUY MODERN WARFARE 3 NOW AND MILK THE HELL OUT OF IT.
SELL/TRADE THE GAME FOR SKYRIM
Modern Warfare is a game that you will eventually get really sick of, Skyrim on the other hand will age like fine wine and at a basement bargain. Eventually.
p.s or! If you are more into team based multiplayer, REAL TEAMS, replace MW3 with BF3. Works perfectly well. Both are good games in their own right. Your personal preferences may differ from mine. (I prefer Skyrim)